I’m going to Hawaii on Monday. It’s a belated honeymoon. My husband and I got married 10 years ago and we couldn’t afford one. Plus I was seven months pregnant.
I probably won’t be online all next week. I have not died. I’m in Hawaii sipping a tropical drink.
I will be updating my Twitter account. You can follow me here.
Here are the top ten things I hope to accomplish in Hawaii:
10. Find all the places were Lost was filmed and re-enact different scenes from the program.
9. Pig out on fresh pineapple. FRESH. One of our tours is to a pineapple farm.
8. Fall asleep on the beach.
7. Say “aloha” to perfect strangers.
6. Eat pig cooked on a spit. I think we’ll be doing this at the Luau.
5. Try on a grass skirt and attempt to hula dance. In our hotel room. I will NOT go on stage and do this. I will look like I’m constipated.
4. Find an actor from Lost who still lives in Hawaii. I know the guy who played John Locke is still there. I promise I won’t call him Locke. Unless he says I can.
3. Capture a ghost on film. We’re going on a ghost tour. I’m so going to pull a Zak Bagans and be like, “Tom. Go stand alone in that haunted room.”
2. Drink several tropical beverages. Tom has never seen me drunk before. Actually, now that I think of it, I’ve never seen him drunk either. We’re not big drinkers. This should be fun.
1. Tell someone, “Nice lei,” and try to keep a straight face.