I'm still learning all the lingo. Some of it baffles me.
Here are a few that I still don't get.
1. When people write "this guy" or "this girl" with a photo and leave it at that. I think it's to show that they love the person, but I always want to type, "What about this guy? What about this girl? Please explain."
2. Abbreviations. For the longest time, I thought FTW meant "f*ck the world." I mean, it made sense. A lot of people just use F for the word f*ck because it offends people. (WTF, for example.) Don't worry, I learned that it meant for the win, though it still doesn't make sense. So I'd say, "We're having ice cream for dinner. FTW." Yes? Or no? I still don't understand when you'd use that or why.
3. I've ranted about this before on Things That Annoy Me Thursday. But seriously, why do people ask a question and then finish it with "AND GO!" I'll go. Literally. Without answering, because I find it obnoxious. Just ask your question and leave it at that. Don't say, "Best Italian places? AND GO!" Just say, "Best Italian places?" and I swear, everyone will comprehend that you want us to answer. I promise.
4. I still hate the word selfie. I'm sorry, but why can't we just go, "Taking photos!" I see it's of you. It's perfectly acceptable to just call them pictures. Or self-portraits, if you wish. But selfie makes me think of a child. Instantly. I just can't take a photo seriously with the word "SELFIE!" I immediately picture a tween.
5. It cracks me up when I see the same people post daily photos of themselves in their vehicles. It's you in the car. Again! Let's mix it up and do an outdoor photo, please. And guys? Some photos don't need to be so close. If I can see your pores, it frightens me.
So what baffles you about the World Wide Web?