US Weekly has a bit in their magazine where they have 25 things about a celebrity. I decided to do this too even though I am not a celebrity.
1. I got pregnant at 19. I discovered this while in college. I thought it was stress from my math class that was making my period late. Nope. It was a human being.
2. My Mom is a retired Colonel in the Air Force. She worked her tail off, so I always have to say something when I see comments on how Officers have it easy. They don't.
3. I joined a Facebook group on how to decorate homes in military housing. People post photos of immaculate homes. I want to post a real photo of a mess in my living room. "This is how real people live," I'd comment with it. I haven't had the nerve yet. One day.
4. I'm usually drinking a Diet Coke when I come across posts saying how awful it is for you.
5. I've been reading for as long as I can remember. I've always loved books. I remember having so many Sweet Valley Kids books. The Babysitter's Club. Sweet Valley Twins. Sweet Valley High. Sweet Valley University. Judy Blume books.
6. I've been to the following places: Germany, Italy, Paris, Normandy, Ireland, Scotland, England, Belgium, New Jersey, California, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Oklahoma. I've lived in some of those places. Visited others, thanks to the military.
7. I still don't understand Minecraft, even though my kids play it daily.
8. I cringe whenever I see the Sirius Satellite Radio commercial because that annoying kid is like, "Mommy, it's on!" in the worst chipmunk voice I have ever heard.
9. Jenny McCarthy follows me on Twitter.
10. I really wish Elijah Wood or John Krasinski would follow me on Twitter. I wouldn't freak them out. Well, maybe a little. Telling Elijah I want his eyeballs might weird him out.
11. I love Grumpy Cat. One of my life goals is to meet her.
12. I think Family Guy is hilarious. I also would like Seth MacFarlane to follow me on Twitter. Ted and A Million Ways To Die In The West also amused me. I'm looking forward to Ted 2. We actually own a Ted stuffed animal. That talks.
13. I love taking hot showers. I'm talking showers that turn my skin red. Lukewarm showers depress me, but by the time I get my shower, it's usually lukewarm.
14. I hate when people call vaginas a vag. I also will never call my husband "hubby" or "hubs."
15. I wouldn't be sad if Al Sharpton went away forever.
16. I still abhor the word selfie.
17. Lowes bores me, so when we go I act like a big child. I hand Tom screws and ask if he wants to screw me. I'll hug a hoe and say I'm hanging out with a hoe. It's no surprise that Tom walks quickly away from me. He might tell people I'm heavily medicated. Or drunk.
18. I love history. I read history books for fun.
19. I believe in ghosts. I'm not sure if psychics really exist. Maybe some people have a gift, but I think most can just read others incredibly well. It also could be because I watch The Mentalist and Patrick Jane always says, "There's no such thing as psychics."
20. I met my husband Tom in high school. In Belgium. He asked a friend to ask me if I liked him. I said yes. Then he came over and we were all, "Hi," "Hi," "Hi," all awkwardly for about five minutes. He was a friend before that, but we were both painfully shy.
21. I do judge if a grown adult writes "your welcome." Everyone over the age of 10 should know basic grammar.
22. I'm an only child. I always wished for a sibling, but it also taught me to entertain myself and appreciate quiet.
23. I love the show The Blacklist. I'm recently finished season one. I wish I had someone like Red Reddington to protect me. Also, he'd probably offer to fly me around in his private plane.
24. I roll my eyes when people say, "I'm bringing my A game!" I sort of want to shock everyone and say, "I'm bringing my C game. I'm tired."
25. I own tons of books. I have to get rid of them because when we move, we're only allowed a certain amount of weight. It pains me to get rid of my books. I try to donate to places on base. I once asked a lady, "You'll take care of these, right?" I think I frightened her.