Friday, September 18, 2015
13 Things About A 13-Year-Old Boy
1. Their rooms smell like a cross between BO and a dead body.
2. They take their video games seriously. If you try to converse with them while they're playing, you'll get one word responses--and that's if they answer at all.
3. You'll answer their questions about their peers with honesty. For example, when asked why some boys walk around with combs in their hair, you might reply, "Maybe they didn't get their caffeine and forgot it was still on their head."
4. They'll randomly talk Minecraft at you. You might startle when they say, "I got some new skin," and wonder briefly if he's diseased. You might consider calling a psychologist when they say, "I had to push some villagers in the lava since my world was getting too crowded." And then realize oh, he's talking about the game.
5. They'll take off their socks and throw them in the laundry basket inside out even though you've told them to stop it with that.
6. ...and that's if they even remember what a laundry basket is.
7. They'll eat everything in the house....and still be hungry.
8. You'll be amazed at the burps that come from them. You'll be surprised how some burps don't blow them back from the force.
9. You'll panic in the morning thinking that someone has broken into your home when you hear a deep voice--but then realize that it's your son. Going through puberty. And he has a man voice now.
10. You won't be surprised to see that their backpack resembles their room. Is that a smashed cookie at the bottom? Or dirt? What's with all the random papers? Does he need them? You'll ask and he'll look at you like this:
11. They'll either smell like sweat and dirt.....
12. .......or too much cologne. You'll have to teach them that less is more so that others can breathe around them.
13. They'll still let you hug them....in private.