Hoverboards. They seem to be all the rage now. Tons of people received them for Christmas and are happily speeding down sidewalks.
My children will not be getting one. And here's why.
1. We're a clumsy family and didn't want to end up in the ER.
2. We like our possessions and didn't want the house to burn down when we were charging it. We're also on base housing and if we burned the house down, we'd be known as the Family Who Burned The House Down With A Hoverboard. It's a small military. People would point and laugh. Trust me on this.
3. We're poor. Most hoverboards start at $350. We don't have that kind of money lying around.
4. It would frighten the cats. I know Natalie would try it out inside the house and the cats would do their panicked deep meows. So it would be like, "MEOW MEOW!" along with the whirling hover board sound. No thanks. Pass.
5. With my luck, the state of Oklahoma will impose a law stating kids under 16 can't even RIDE one like California did. Natalie would be livid and then I'd have to hear her whine about it on a daily basis. Just no.
So did you get your kids a hoverboard? Are you irritated that it's called a hoverboard when it's not technically a hoverboard too?