I have a fourteen-year-old and I'm discovering there are some things that I shouldn't bother asking him.
1. Are you hungry? The answer is always yes. They're constantly hungry. Even if they've just had a meal. They'll want more.
2. What's that smell? There's always some odd scent wafting off of them or their room. It's either sweat or too much cologne.
3. Are you playing video games? 90% of the time, yes, yes they are.
4. Will you stop messing with your balls? Never. They are proud of their package.
5. Did you already outgrow the jeans I JUST bought? Yup. They're always growing. Probably from all the food they consume.
6. Is your room messy? They'll argue and say it's not, that the pile of dirty clothes and empty food packages are SUPPOSED to be there. Duh. You'll get an eye roll when you remind them to put the dirty clothes into the hamper and throw away their trash.
Do you have a teenage boy in your life?