We're at the part of the year when various holidays are upon us. I'm thrilled, because we're finally by family members. Since we're a military family, we're usually away from everyone. But this year, we can be with my parents and my Nana Jo.
The holidays can also be an overwhelming time for pets. Suddenly things are moving at a faster pace. Various decorations are brought in and pets are baffled when they are told they cannot play with them. Amazing food is cooked and the cats think they are getting some, and then are completely confused when they aren't served any.
I love my pets and I want to treat them to a happy holiday season.
Temptations® Treats has many delicious flavors to choose from, plus a fabulous Temptations® Snacky Mouse to play with.
You can buy Temptations® treats and the Temptations® Snacky Mouse at Walmart in the canned cat food and treats aisle.
My two cats, Max, who is nearly 10 and Ruby, who is 1, love to get Temptations® treats.
There are times when cats are able to get treats. I want them to know that they are special things to get, because they are, after all, special in our lives. Here are the reasons why cats can earn some treats.
1. When they sit. Seriously, my husband has them sit before they can get their treats. Both cats do this. Tom used to be a dog trainer in the Air Force and he feels all animals can be taught to do tricks.
2. When they are being lovable. It's always nice when they are kind to visitors. And to us, of course.
3. When they don't eat the decorations. Please don't nibble on the centerpiece!
4. When they don't scratch up the furniture so it can stay nice for friends and family who visit.
5. When they don't bite after we are finished brushing them so they look their best for holiday photos. Sometimes Ruby gets offended that we've stopped and will lash out.
6. When they get along because sometimes they can get moody and swipe at one another.
There are such delicious flavors of Temptations® treats so my cats try incredibly hard to behave so they can get some. Sure, sometimes there are naughty moments, but it happens to the best of us. Sometimes a delicious treat is what is needed to get them to cheer up. You can learn more by checking out HappyPetHappyHome.com.
When do you give your pets treats?