I took the kids to see Jurassic World on Tuesday. In the IMAX theater, so it was 3D.
My kids are 13 and 8. I knew they would be okay, because they do not scare easily. I also showed them the Jurassic Park movies and they were fine for all of them. (Remember when we watched Jurassic Park for movie night?)
Honestly, I didn't think the movie was bad at all and I think it's perfectly okay for you to bring your kids (provided they can sit still for two hours.) Here are the reasons why I think it's okay.
1. There aren't a lot of curse words.
I do recall a few s-bombs, but really, it wasn't horrible. My kids hear worse from me when I drive.
2. Kids will learn early that Judy Greer basically pops up in every movie and TV show out there.
Seriously, she's probably one of the richest women in Hollywood.
3. They'll be impressed that Bryce Dallas Howard can run in high heels.
I can barely WALK in them.
4. There isn't any sex.
No awkward birds and bees conversations needed.
5. They'll learn about greedy corporations just wanting to make more money.
There are some a-holes in the film who only want more, more, more. The movies shows what can happen when all you think about is money and not your customer.
6. They'll get to see a bunch of cool dinosaurs.
I mean, yes, some of the dinosaurs eat people, but still...
7. The blood and gore isn't horrible.
Seriously. I tend to have to look away when there is a lot of blood and gore. I didn't have to look away once and neither did my kids.
I also recommend seeing Jurassic World in an IMAX theater if you have one. It was amazing.
(Natalie had to bring a blanket, plus a bag full of toys She cannot just leave the house on her own.)