I like junk food.
I especially loves fries from McDonalds.
Unfortunately, my metabolism is dying on me. I began to realize that it was starting to get harder to button my jeans.
And...well, this, basically:
So I knew I had to do something. Even though I hated to do it.
I had to start running. Or, if I'm being honest, what I do is jogging. While in intense pain. I do not get pleasure from it. But it's what I have to do if I want to keep eating stuff like this:
I will never be someone who goes, "Let's eat some kale and have squash spaghetti!" Get that nasty green crap away from me and it better be real spaghetti or else I'll rebel.
Here's how I force myself to run:
1. I buy shirts that basically give the middle finger to the fact that I have to run.
2. I make fun playlists so the music can help drown out the pain.
3. Before I run, I whine about it and make faces like this to show how pissed off I am that I have to run.
4. I got a Fitbit. It helps. Sometimes. Sometimes it's mean.
5. I turn into Phoebe from Friends if I get a stitch in my side.
6. I curse when it really starts to hurt. I also groan out, "Help me." This has startled some of the people that I pass.
7. Some people are all, "WOO! Endorphins! WOO! This run has ENERGIZED me and I feel amazing!" I do this when it's all over:
8. I got a 0.0 sticker for my car. I know I won't be doing any marathons. Someone once asked if I wanted to do one. She was all, "Yeah, show time is 7 AM." I basically laughed hysterically. I might have offended her. But 7 AM? To do something I ABHOR? No. I'll donate directly to the cause.
Do you like running?