Christmas is almost here! But before we get into ripping open presents, there are things we must do.
1. We always decorate the Christmas tree as a family. I drag my teenager out of his room and we start!
2. Go to the drive through Christmas lights. We have one nearby that's free. It's not huge, but we still have a fun time.
3. Make Christmas cookies. We always make sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.
4. Watch Christmas movies. Elf. Home Alone. The Santa Clause. Miracle On 34th Street. These movies are all fantastic and I have them on often in December. We'll probably watch Elf on Christmas Eve because it amuses us the most.
5. We see if the cat will keep the reindeer ears on. (Nope. He always pushes them off. Ruby won't even let us get near her with them.)
6. Attempt to keep a gingerbread house up. Most of the time it crashes down. Someone suggested using super glue. Maybe we'll try this. (This house fell over soon after this photo.)
7. Go see Santa Claus! We usually go to Bass Pro Shop since you get a free 4X6 print. We did this last year in EARLY December and the line was insane. I'll write more about that on Thursday.
8. Play in the snow. It usually snows at least once in December.
9. Go Christmas Caroling. I'm kidding. No one in this family can really sing. People would be all:
So what sort of things must YOU do during the holidays?