So I was browsing Facebook and I came across a post where buses were discussed. One woman had said, "Since I'm a stay at home mom, I drive my kids to school. If you stay at home there's no reason for kids to ride the bus."
I was like:
Because guess what? I stay at home and my kids DO ride the bus.
Here are reasons why:
1. I'm not dealing with all the traffic. I am NOT a morning person. This is Texas. There are people in every damn corner.
2. I'd lose my cool if people didn't follow car line procedures. I am not friendly before I've had my caffeine so if the person in front of me wasn't following the rules, I might get out of my car, march over, and ask what the hell they thought they were doing. For everyone's safety, it's best I'm never in a car line.
3. I'm half asleep since I'm up at 6 so I wouldn't feel safe driving with all the traffic.
4. Other people piss me off. This sort of goes along with the top two reasons, but it's true: I have road rage. And people in Texas don't like to do the following: use their turn signals, give a proper distance between vehicles, wave when someone lets you in the line....
5. I just plain don't want to. The bus is there for a reason.
Now, if my kids said they were being bullied on the bus, I might consider driving them. Maybe. What I'd probably want to do is march onto the bus and remind the other kids to stop being assholes. So far the kids are okay though. I rode the bus. I was okay.
Do you drive your kids to school even though they could ride the bus?