When you bring home a newborn, no matter how much you are prepared, it can be a whirlwind. There is crying (sometimes from the baby AND you). There is confusion (how do the snaps go?). But there is also pure joy.
We had certain things ready to go when our children were born. There are many diapers.com coupon codes to help save money because you will be spending quite a bit of it. Kids are not cheap. Here are some items that helped us out a lot.
1. Diapers. I mean, duh. You can do cloth diapers, or disposable. We always went with disposable. We generally went with Pampers because it never gave our babies a rash and there were minimal explosions. (You'll experience those. Sorry.) Also, grab some wipes!
2. A safe carseat. I also liked clipping toys to the carseat to help minimize crying. (There would sometimes still be crying.) Parents Central has a lot of helpful tips about car seats.
3. A bouncer. Some people might argue that they aren't necessary, but I used mine a lot. I could never baby wear, so my kids were in theirs quite often.
4. A crib with bedding. Sometimes people have their babies sleep in a bassinet beside their bed for the first few months. My son immediately took to his crib. My daughter did not. She would only sleep if someone was holding her for the first few months or else she'd scream the house down. She eventually went into her crib though.
5. Easy to change clothes. My daughter wore a lot of sleepers or onesies.
Having a newborn can be chaotic and tiring, but it's worth it in the end.
What would you add to this list?
A lucky reader can win a $50 e-gift certificate! It is mandatory to leave a blog comment as specified on Rafflecopter. Thank you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway