I started watching Gilmore Girls BEFORE I had kids.
I immediately fell in love with the show.
I watched Lorelai Gilmore and thought, "THAT'S the kind of mother I want to be."
For those who don't know, it's basically about Lorelai and how she raises her daughter Rory. Oh, and she had her at 16. So maybe Rory sort of raises Lorelai too. They live in a small town called Stars Hollow. All sorts of amusing people live there. (Kurt! Luke! Miss Patty! Mrs. Kim!)
So why is the show one of my favorites?
Let me count the reasons.
1. Lorelai and her daughter Rory are not morning people. Me either. I've written about it before. Many times.
2. Rory loves books. And she sniffs books. Me too. I have a photo on my Instagram where I'm sniffing a book.
3. Lorelai understands the importance of caffeine. She loves coffee. I love Diet Coke. If we go without it, we aren't happy people.
4. Like Lorelai, I think I confuse my mother sometimes. She probably doesn't understand how someone who could be raised on fruits and vegetables and very little soda could now stuff her face with junk food and need Diet Coke in order to stay nice.
5. Mrs. Kim never fails to make me laugh. I'm grateful my parents weren't as overprotective as Mrs. Kim.
6. There are so many awesome lines in the show. I actually say this one often. I know you're my kind of person if you get the reference. Some people go ?!! when I say it. But some are like, "I love Gilmore Girls too!" and I know we'll be friends forever.
7. Lorelai is a fantastic mother.
I'm proud to say that I have Natalie watching the show with me. If she hears the opening credits, she's all, "Gilmore Girls!" I hope we have the same relationship as Lorelai and Rory. I want the same relationship with my son, only it'll be slightly different. But we bond over our love for cake.
Do you like Gilmore Girls?