I did a post a while back on things I DO when Tom deploys (you can read it here) so it's fitting that I do a post on things I DON'T do.
1. Put makeup on when we Skype. In fact, most of the time I'm still in my pajamas with unbrushed hair. Once Tom called in the middle of Natalie having a meltdown a few years ago when he was in Korea. So I was like, "How are you?" followed by, "Natalie, stop it, you cannot put raisins in your Pull Up. It's GROSS!"
2. Depend on others to mow my lawn. I have hands. I can handle it. It also helps burn off the McDonalds meal I most likely had earlier.
3. Cry every day. It's not for me. I wrote a post on how I look on the positive side of things when my husband deploys. I feel it's much easier than being sad all the time.
4. Post things on Facebook like, "What am I going to do with myself?" I have my own life outside of my husband. I never understand the people who can't stand to be alone.
5. Lose weight. If anything, I probably gain weight. I do tend to eat more chocolate when he goes because I have to deal with the kids on my own.
My husband should be home soon and I'm ready for it. My DVR is ready for it too. It's at 75% full with shows I've recorded that we enjoy watching together.
Come on, Air Force. Let my husband come home!