Fuller House is on Netflix! Of course I knew I was going to watch. I loved Full house as a kid. I'm an only child and always wished for siblings. So watching the show gave me a taste on what having a sister would be like. I grew up with girls. I was closest to Stephanie's age and cracked up whenever she snapped, "How rude!" (She still says it on Fuller House!)
I had a viewing party with my kids. My daughter was the most excited, thrilled to see that Joey was still doing his Bullwinkle impression:
If you remember, when Natalie started Kindergarten, she was afraid she wouldn't have any friends. So I told her to talk like Bullwinkle if she got scared. Like Joey.
Oh, and if you don't have Netflix, you can get a free month subscription when you sign up.
Here are reasons why you need to watch Fuller House:
1. There's pure excitement when you see the familiar white house with "29 Years Later" scrawled on the bottom. Yes, you might feel old, but still. I got tingles. My daughter shouted out all the names whenever they'd appear on the screen with such a thrill that I had to smile. "UNCLE JESSE! AUNT BECKY! JOEY! DANNY! DJ! STEPHANIE! THE TWINS! JESSE STILL LIKES ELVIS! KIDS I DON'T KNOW! (DJ's Kids.) KIMMY IS STILL WALKING IN WITHOUT KNOCKING!"
2. It can get a teenager out of his room! Tommy appreciated Stephanie's outfits so he was actually happy. He wasn't sitting on the couch with a scowl for once. (Some parents have said they didn't appreciate Stephanie's outfits, but really, they're just boobs.)
3. There are amusing jokes. Tommy understood some of the ones geared towards adults. Uncle Jesse made a comment on how he "kept Aunt Becky up last night," and Tommy said under his breath, "I know what he meant," while Natalie was all, "Were they having a pillow fight?" (I said yes.)
4. You'll love that Comet the Dog is still around. Sort of. It's Comet Jr Jr now. And she's about to have puppies!
5. Seeing all your favorite characters from the original Full House will make you feel all warm and gooey inside. I might have teared up a few times. Aunt Becky? Looks fantastic. They all do, really. And Uncle Jesse sang FOREVER! I love that song.
6. Steve, DJ's old boyfriend, makes an appearance on the show. (Yes, Natalie shouted STEVE!)
7. The shout out to Michelle in the first episode is absolutely hilarious.
8. There are still hilarious antics going on. Remember the first episode when the men tried to change Michelle's diaper? Well, Stephanie's phone ends up in this diaper.
It's a show you can watch as a family. Well. If your husband doesn't mock Full House. My husband refused to watch because he says it's too cheesy and unrealistic. But if things aren't blowing up or people aren't running around with weapons, he's really not interested in watching. Also, some parents did not care for the sexual jokes (Karma Sutra is mentioned) and Stephanie's clothes. But as I wrote about in Why I Don't Regret Letting My Teenager See Deadpool, it's really what the maturity level of your kid is. And your choice as a parent.
I'll let my kids watch. Proudly. And tear up when split screens like this happen:
Welcome back, Tanner family.