We recently moved from Oklahoma to Texas. We didn't have a long drive. It takes about 8 hours. Tom and Tommy were in the truck. My Mom, Natalie, and I were in the car. It makes me nervous to drive long distances so my Mom came up from Texas to help because yes, she lives in Texas, and now I'm finally be close to family.
Here's some things that happened:
1. We crammed the vehicles with all sorts of stuff. Suitcases. Food. Toys. Cats. Random crap.
2. Ruby the Cat wouldn't stop meowing. We'd think she sleeping but nope, then she'd be all "MEOW!"
3. We passed many people on their cell phones, which is annoying. You could tell the ones on their phones because they were swerving around the roads or going below the speed limit. Please stay off your phones. Don't be ridiculous.
4. Natalie kept asking if we were there. "Do we only have one hour left?" When we still had like six.
5. We stopped at Buc-ees! It's an awesome store/gas station in Texas.
We made it to our hotel by the evening--we'll be in the hotel for a month since the house we bought won't be ready until June. I'm worried for my sanity. We aren't wealthy people, so we're all in one room. We can't afford one of those Real Housewives Suites.
But on the plus side, I am by family:
And my Mom already said she'd take the kids on Thursday.