Ah, teenagers. They can be a joy. Or they can be...frightening. What's with all the eye rolls? Why do they get offended if you ask about their day?
Why does their room smell weird?
Well, I have some ideas.
1. Maybe it's the pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room. I tell my son to put them in the hamper, and he eventually will...when he runs out of underwear.
2. Ick, is that an old banana? An orange? I can't even tell anymore.
3. The sheets, perhaps? They should probably be washed. I'm not putting my nose against them to check though. I don't want to pass out.
4. When was the last time he washed his hair?
5. Wow, that's a thick layer of dust.
6. All the burping and farting that goes on in there doesn't help...
Bottom line? He needs to clean his room more often. He slacks on that part and doesn't mind living in filth. He claims his room "smells great." Meanwhile, I'm tempted to walk in with a pomander ball against my nose like they did in Henry VIII's time because of all the stank.
So if you have a teenager, does their room stink? Or do you have one of those neat teenagers? If you don't have teenagers, how was your room at that age? Mine was pretty messy, I won't lie. So I guess I'm being a hypocrite. But I swear, it didn't smell that bad...